McCLURE: 500 Startups is a new, edgy, risk taking seed fund which invests in early stage consumer internet companies. Incubator/seed investment funds are popping up left and right and we’re looking to differentiate ourself through edgier design. Our founder likes to swear. In public. A lot. Think Ari Gold, but for tech companies and without a suit.
We are not — *not* — your typical fund composed of a bunch of stiff white guys sitting around a board table. We’re young. We’re diverse (Women! People of color!). Our investments are blustering balls of sleepless eagerness, And the markets we’re looking to dominate are murky and emergent.
McClure raises $30m for new fund called ‘500 Startups’
- Discusses follow-on investments
- NTT DoCoMo to invest in 500 Startups
- AngelList to be used for all 500 Startup applications
- Invests in Clarity
- Invests in ZipDial, tenth deal in India
- Raising “Micro Funds” For India And Mexico
- George Takei visits
- Chooses 33 Companies For Fifth Accelerator Batch
- Opens application process through AngelList
- Invests in nine Mexican companies