Apple reports a record for first-day pre-orders for its new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, hitting over four million pre-orders in the first 24 hours. They also report demand for the products outpaced initial supplies, and “a significant amount” of the devices will be delivered to customers beginning September 19, 2014, when the phones officially go on sale. The remaining orders will get to customers throughout the month of September; however, many iPhone pre-orders aren’t scheduled to arrive to customers until October. Additional supplies of the smartphones will be available to walk-in customers on September 19th, starting at 8 a.m. local time at Apple retail stores.
iPhone 6 pre-orders top 4 million in one day
- EU demands Apple pay EUR13 billion taxes
- Peer-to-peer payment app
- 'Privacy is a fundamental human right'
- Malware discovered
- Requests track access
- VF interview: Talks about Apple letter
- Stock down 7%
- Offers free Beats headphones to students
- Ads targeted to bank balance patent
- Criticizes Apple Music's non-payment of artists