It is reported that Highfield earned more than £700,000 last year, his first full year at Johnston Press, His compensation comprised £400,000 salary, with bonuses and pension contributions of £301,000.
Received £700,000 compensation
- Defends bond buybacks
- NUJ: Highfield 'living in cloud cuckoo land'
- Reviews Sky TV ad sales deal
- Writes off half the value of newspaper properties
- Sells Isle of Man titles
- Comments on post-Brexit newspaper sales increase
- Full-year results 'meet City hopes'
- Daily Mail interview
- Completes i purchase
- BBC agrees to fund local newspaper reporting