Boko Haram adopts the name ‘Islamic State’s West Africa Province’ (ISWAP). Propaganda materials shared by ISIS-affiliated social media accounts have dropped both it’s official name, Jama’atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’awati wal-Jihad (Arabic for ‘People Committed to the Propagation of the Prophet’s Teachings and Jihad’), and nickname Boko Haram, which means ‘western education is forbidden’ in favor of ISWAP,, and appear to share the production values and style more usually associated with jihadists in Syria and Iraq.
- Libyan forces capture mosque, prison from ISIS
- 22 dead in Turkey wedding suicide bomb
- Claims responsibility for attack
- Frees 'human shields'
- UN denounces Nigeria terror attacks
- Murder suspects arrested
- Iraqis push through Ramadi
- May raid gave US ISIS intelligence
- Iraq demands Turkish withdrawal
- 500 oil tankers destroyed