UFC numbers confirm McGregor is the biggest draw in the sport. McGregor has headlined three of five pay-per-view events that gained more than a million buys in the past ten months. Including his strong performance as the headliner of UFC 189, McGregor has sold a total of 5,275,000 pay-per-views in four outings at the top of the card. For comparison, Georges St-Pierre’s last six efforts after UFC 100 sold 4,635,000. The four cards Brock Lesnar headlined between 2009 and 2011 had 4,095,000 total buys. Also, each of the four events McGregor has headlined in Las Vegas produced more gate revenue than any prior show held in the city.
Confirmed as the biggest ticket in UFC history
- Farrell: I 'should check in' on Conor McGregor's baby
- 'Coach' Kavanagh receives bus hire inquiry
- Nelson: Mayweather fight has 'been on McGregor's radar for a long time'
- Watch The Throne promo
- McGregor's top 10 press conference moments
- Dillashaw coach: Thousands of years ago, Conor McGregor would probably be the king
- Mayweather: McGregor a 'tough competitor'
- Showtime exec: McGregor-Mayweather goal is 'early fall'
- Beats by Dre announces McGregor sponsorship
- Efron: Madonna is a UFC fan