TMZ reports that McGregor will miss out on a $10million (£7m) purse for the bout, and that UFC offered to fly McGregor from Iceland to the US, as well as to all the locations for a media tour, by private jet. McGRegor was also told that his gym would be flown with him and set up exactly as it is in Iceland, so that it would be ready for training as soon as he landed. Part of McGregor’s reasoning for not travelling to the US was that he had set up a tailor-made training camp in Europe.
UFC offered to recreate gym in US
- Ferguson tells McGregor to 'defend or vacate' lightweight title
- Announces partnership with HR Owen
- Rogan: McGregor could be the 'touch of death' for Mayweather
- Sonnen: McGregor-Mayweather fight 'is on'
- McGregor joins SBG boxing class
- Muscle Madness fan promo
- Shares video of nephew
- Woodley: McGregor-Mayweather 'good for UFC'
- Arum: UFC wants half of McGregor's purse
- Leonard: McGregor won't last one round against Mayweather