Sources in Tehran tell BBC Persian that Ayatollah Khamenei has authorised his top commander to coordinate military operations with the U.S., Iraqi and Kurdish forces. Iran traditionally opposes U.S. involvement in Iraq. The Iranian foreign ministry officially denies that it will cooperate with the U.S. against ISIS.
Iran might cooperate
- Libyan forces capture mosque, prison from ISIS
- 22 dead in Turkey wedding suicide bomb
- Claims responsibility for attack
- Frees 'human shields'
- UN denounces Nigeria terror attacks
- Murder suspects arrested
- Iraqis push through Ramadi
- May raid gave US ISIS intelligence
- Iraq demands Turkish withdrawal
- 500 oil tankers destroyed