ISIS militants kidnap 50 men from a district on the edge of the Sunni town of Hawija in the northern region of Kirkuk, a day after the fighters left the district in anticipation of an attack by the Iraqi military. Militants load the men onto vehicles and drive off. Town residents say they are unsure why the abductions have occurred as the town has not actively resisted ISIS.
Kidnaps 50 men
- Sulphur plant releases fumes
- Libyan forces capture mosque, prison from ISIS
- 22 dead in Turkey wedding suicide bomb
- Claims responsibility for attack
- Frees 'human shields'
- UN denounces Nigeria terror attacks
- Three Americans kidnapped
- Murder suspects arrested
- Iraqis push through Ramadi
- May raid gave US ISIS intelligence