Islamic State militants take over the local government compound in the Iraqi city of Ramadi, raising their black flag. An Iraqi parliamentarian states the city is not in complete Islamic State control, however. Iraqi government forces continue to hold out in several other government buildings,while coalition aircraft bomb militant positions. Anbar provincial council member says that Ramadi is experiencing a “catastrophe.” He says the militants launched a massive attack, using over a dozen suicide vehicles and causing numerous casualties.
Raise Black Flag over Ramadi
- Libyan forces capture mosque, prison from ISIS
- 22 dead in Turkey wedding suicide bomb
- Claims responsibility for attack
- Frees 'human shields'
- UN denounces Nigeria terror attacks
- Three Americans kidnapped
- Murder suspects arrested
- Iraqis push through Ramadi
- May raid gave US ISIS intelligence
- Iraq demands Turkish withdrawal