A lawyer for the Justice Department in a court hearing in Virginia says more than 100,000 visas have been revoked because of Trump’s executive order. The lawyer’s number came in response of a question from US Judge Leonie Brinkema about how many people have been affected by this order. The state department disputed this number, saying “fewer than 60,000 individual’s visas were provisionally revoked because of the executive order. Erez Reuveni, of the office of Immigration Litigation within the Civil Division of the Justice Department, also claimed that no legal returning residents have been denied entry at Dulles International Airport.
Justice Department lawyer: 100,000 Visas Revoked
- Cook: I stand with 'Dreamers'
- Trump: 'My hands are too big'
- Stillitano: Trump could prevent US hosting 2026 World Cup
- Legend on Trump: 'He calls people liars because he is a liar'
- Trump meets Harvey flood victims after Texas return
- Trump to flood survivors: 'Have a good time!'
- Trump: South Korea 'appeasement' talk will not work
- Trump ends DACA, with 6-month delay
- White: Trump will be watching fight
- White: People need to give McGregor and Trump a chance