ISIS executes Abu Usman al-Hassan – one of the group’s commanders and Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi’s representative in Mosul — on charges of conspiracy, for plotting a coup against the group. Syrian and Arab fighters withdraw towards Raqqa in protest of the execution. An eyewitness says there had been disagreements between Usman and other commanders.
Executes Mosul top official
- Libyan forces capture mosque, prison from ISIS
- 22 dead in Turkey wedding suicide bomb
- Claims responsibility for attack
- Frees 'human shields'
- UN denounces Nigeria terror attacks
- Murder suspects arrested
- Iraqis push through Ramadi
- May raid gave US ISIS intelligence
- Iraq demands Turkish withdrawal
- 500 oil tankers destroyed