Life is full of challenges, and one evidence of this is when you go through a rough divorce, which doesn’t only put you in a financial disadvantage but also plays with your emotions. One concern you need to deal with is the obligations you need to face post-divorce. Sometimes money is the root cause of the marital problems, other times it is the divorce process itself that results in financial obligations that are simply too difficult to sustain. It is, therefore, vital that you are armed with valuable information that will help you go through with this and give you a smooth transition.
An important thing to remember is that marriage is a two way street and both of you are responsible for whatever outcome it presents in the future. Having a thorough understanding of all the possible alternatives you have after your divorce can prevent either one of you from being trapped into a financial crisis.
In your case, if you’re the woman and you’ve been granted custody of the children, you will need extra funds on top of the alimony so you can bring up the kids comfortably. What should you do? Well, you can sell the diamond engagement ring your ex gave you, or even your wedding jewelry, for cash. You can find out more here.
Why should you sell your ring after divorce? The first reason was already mentioned in the get-go – divorce is expensive. You have to pay legal and attorney’s fees and those fees are no joke. The second reason was also discussed – selling your diamond jewelry will give you financial security since you can use the funds to feed your children, put clothes on their backs, and keep a roof over their heads.
· Your engagement and wedding rings are a symbol of your ties with someone you were emotionally attached to. Nevertheless, that attachment has been severed following the divorce. Hence, there’s no need to hold on to things that represent that attachment.
· There’s no point in staying stuck in the past. Sell your diamond ring and start the process of healing. Believe it or not, getting rid of the reminder of an unhappy stage in your life will help you recover quickly. Actress Demi Moore did just that after she sold the engagement ring Ashton Kutcher gave her for $250,000. Apparently, she did it so she can finally move on.
· Going through a divorce would rob you of everything you’ve always envisioned as a young child – the idea of the “right” man, ideal household, lovely children, and a successful union. Yes, the marriage did yield beautiful children, but the rest just pushed your dreams down the drain. Think about the negativity that a divorce could bring to your life. Selling your diamond jewelry and using the money to buy something new, shinier, and better could symbolize the start of positivity in your life.
· After the divorce, you could keep the ring locked in your drawer to gather dust or you could throw it in the trash or in the ocean. However, an even better option is to make money out of it by selling it. Obviously, this option is better, and more profitable, than the first two.
· A divorce ends an ugly chapter in your life, but if you’re practical, trying to know more about how to sell your wedding jewelry might just be the key to starting a better one.