PayPal is formed after online point-of-sale payments company X.com buys payments company Confinity. X.com stops its internet banking operations, and a Confinity system that focuses on payments transactions on personal digital assistants becomes the email-based PayPal system. The joint company is renamed PayPal and Elon Musk is its biggest shareholder.
What's this? This is an unbiased just-the-facts news summary about Elon Musk, PayPal, extracted from the original article by Newslines' contributors. To see the newsline of each topic, click the links below. Learn more
- Twitter wants deal closed before trial date
- Musk-Twitter trial stayed, deal must close Oct 28
- Musk SEC letter confirming Twitter purchase released
- Musk tried for Twitter discount
- Musk to buy Twitter at original price, share trading halted
- Zelensky posts poll in response to Musk's Ukraine tweets
- Lithuanian president: 'When someone steals the wheels of your Tesla, it doesn't make them the legal owner'
- Musk responds to Pope's call for Ukraine peace
- Posts Ukraine-Russia peace deal proposal and poll
- Ukrainian ambassador tells Musk to 'F-- off'