Lufthansa offers to pay the families of the victims up to 55,000 euros per passenger on the crashed Germanwings plane. The families are not required to pay back this financial assistance. Additional compensation from Lufthansa is expected to follow since the fact that Lubitz had been hiding a serious mental illness from management did not activate the exclusion clause in Lufthansa’s insurance policy.
Offers financial assistance
- Rehearsed crash on outbound flight
- Acelerated descent
- Researched suicide methods, door security
- Informed flight school of depression
- Flight data recorder unrecoverable
- Lubitz's remains found
- Visited gay porn and suicide sites
- 'Had treatment for suicidal tendencies'
- Offers financial assistance
- 'One day I will change the whole system'