The number of Palestinians killed in the 2014 Gaza conflict rises to 1,062 by Eid al-Fitr with the deaths of 13 people including a senior Islamic Jihad militant during a humanitarian ceasefire ahead of the three-day Muslim holiday. Three Palestinians die of previous wounds while 10 are killed in Israeli air and artillery attacks as the temporary truce breaks down, according to a health official, who adds that 6,037 Gazans have been wounded while 1,960 Gaza apartment blocks have been destroyed and 2,600 more partly destroyed.
1,062 Palestinian deaths by Eid
- 21 Palestinians shot
- Rights group office arson attack
- Army surrounds village
- Announces Israel $6M research center
- Plans 11 Negev towns
- Obama, Netanyahu meet
- 'Iran will be destroyed within 25 years'
- Record sandstorm hits Isreal
- Kerry reaffirms support of Israel
- Will not allow Israel to be 'submerged' by refugees