Officials say that at least 1,459 Palestinians have been killed in the enclave ahead of a 72-hour ceasefire agreed to by both sides, and nearly 7,000 wounded, while 61 Israeli soldiers have been killed in the fighting and more than 400 wounded, and three civilians in Israel have been killed by Palestinian rockets.
1,459 Palestinian, 64 Israeli deaths
- 21 Palestinians shot
- Rights group office arson attack
- Army surrounds village
- Announces Israel $6M research center
- Plans 11 Negev towns
- Obama, Netanyahu meet
- 'Iran will be destroyed within 25 years'
- Record sandstorm hits Isreal
- Kerry reaffirms support of Israel
- Will not allow Israel to be 'submerged' by refugees