Health officials say that at least 649 Palestinians have been killed in the first 15 days of the 2014 Gaza conflict and 4,120 wounded. It is unclear how many are civilian casualties – the Israel Defence Forces says it has killed up to 180 militants while the UN estimates that as many as 70%-80% of the dead are civilians. Israel confirms that 29 soldiers and two civilians have been killed while another soldier, Oren Shaul, is missing and presumed dead.
What's this? This is an unbiased just-the-facts news summary about 2014 Gaza Conflict, Israel, extracted from the original article by Newslines' contributors. To see the newsline of each topic, click the links below. Learn more
649 Palestinian, 31 Israeli deaths in 15 days
- 21 Palestinians shot
- Rights group office arson attack
- Army surrounds village
- Announces Israel $6M research center
- Plans 11 Negev towns
- Obama, Netanyahu meet
- 'Iran will be destroyed within 25 years'
- Record sandstorm hits Isreal
- Kerry reaffirms support of Israel
- Will not allow Israel to be 'submerged' by refugees