The Pentagon confirms that Israel has been allowed to draw tank shells and illumination rounds from a cache of U.S. arms and equipment stored on Israeli soil. Known as the War Reserves Stock Allies-Israel program or WRSA-1, the billion-dollar reserve was established as part of expanded mutual cooperation during the 1980s and can be accessed with U.S. approval, according to a report from the Congressional Research Service the last time Israel was allowed to tap the stockpile was during the 2006 Lebanon war against Hezbollah.
Access to U.S. arsenal
- 21 Palestinians shot
- Rights group office arson attack
- Army surrounds village
- Announces Israel $6M research center
- Plans 11 Negev towns
- Obama, Netanyahu meet
- 'Iran will be destroyed within 25 years'
- Record sandstorm hits Isreal
- Kerry reaffirms support of Israel
- Will not allow Israel to be 'submerged' by refugees