Cuban gives Ballmer six pieces of advice after Ballmer’s purchase of the L.A. Clippers:
1. Prepare for a never-ending media storm
He says NBA bloggers are worse than Apple fan boys and time at Microsoft won’t prepare Ballmer for sports media;
2. You don’t own the Clippers, the community does
The team belongs to fans everywhere, not shareholders or owners;
3. You will be asked things that have never been asked of you before
This could include requests to meet sick children, or even providing jerseys for children who have died to be buried in;
4. You will be all smiles when you win and find it hard to leave the house when you lose.
The pain of losing is stronger than the joy of winning;
5. Don’t try to make every penny you can off the team.
Knowing that people can still afford to come to games when the team isn’t doing great is more important than maximizing investment;
6. Be yourself. No explanation needed. Everyone needs some Ballmer in their life.