The Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs publicizes the Pope’s official itinerary for his visit to Israel, scheduled on the fiftieth anniversary of a historic visit made by Pope Paul VI. The Pope’s appearances in Jerusalem are secured with an additional 8,000 police officers, as he refuses the protection of bullet-proof vehicles. the Pope prefers to travel in an open roof jeep and hopes to interact with ordinary citizens during his visits to Jewish, Muslim, and Christian holy sites.
Arrives in Israel
- Vatican: not personal attack
- Responds to Pope: 'Disgraceful'
- Pope says Trump 'Not Christian'
- The Name of God is Mercy
- Met gay couple on US visit
- Davis meeting not an endorsement
- Comments on gay marriage licences, abuse victims, women priests
- Secret meeting with Pope
- Meets church child abuse victims
- Philadelphia open air mass