TMZ cites sources connected with Williams’s family as saying his official autopsy reveals Lewy body dementia, caused by abnormal protein deposits in the brain that can lead to hallucinations. It says patients can experience visions of phantom objects, people, or animals, and try to converse with them. It is often co-morbid with Parkinsons, and Parkinsons medications can cause a bad reaction in people suffering from both conditions. Williams is reported to have complained to his wife about the effect of the meds. It says Williams’s doctors agree that the condition was the key factor in his suicide.
Sources: Lewy body dementia
- Williams' artworks, memorabilia to be auctioned
- Widow, children settle estate claims
- Judge gives more time to settle dispute
- Banned use of image for 25 years
- Legal battle over estate
- Robin Williams interview
- 'Acclimating to the new normal'
- Sources: Lewy body dementia
- Ashes scattered in San Francisco Bay
- Autopsy: No drugs, no alcohol