WME-IMG, owners of the UFC, set a $10 million asking price for the title sponsor of the McGregor-Mayweather fight. The $10 million would nearly double boxing’s largest single-fight sponsorship, the $5.6 million that Tecate paid for Mayweather-Pacquiao in May 2015. The sponsoring company would get its logo at the center of the ring at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena, its branding on ring girls, on two of the ropes and in the two nonfighter corners of the ring. The deal also includes sponsorship of the first minute of every round on the broadcast and $500,000 in tickets. For $5 million sponsors can buy one of the fighters’ corners that would include signage in that corner, sponsorship to the broadcast corner cam and $250,000 in tickets.
UFC asks $10m for top fight sponsorship
- Retires 'from fighting'
- McGregor: 'I was in the wrong'
- White confirms McGregor 'will fight again'
- Charges dropped over alleged Florida robbery
- Announces retirement from MMA
- Gives team talk to Boston Bruins
- Arrested after smashing fan's phone
- McGregor float at Malta Carnival
- Celebrates mum's 60th birthday in the Versace Mansion
- Wear matching purple suits at Super Bowl