WME-IMG, owners of the UFC, set a $10 million asking price for the title sponsor of the McGregor-Mayweather fight. The $10 million would nearly double boxing’s largest single-fight sponsorship, the $5.6 million that Tecate paid for Mayweather-Pacquiao in May 2015. The sponsoring company would get its logo at the center of the ring at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena, its branding on ring girls, on two of the ropes and in the two nonfighter corners of the ring. The deal also includes sponsorship of the first minute of every round on the broadcast and $500,000 in tickets. For $5 million sponsors can buy one of the fighters’ corners that would include signage in that corner, sponsorship to the broadcast corner cam and $250,000 in tickets.
UFC asks $10m for top fight sponsorship
- Odds cut on McGregor entering 'I'm A Celebrity...2018'
- Suspended for at least 10 days
- McGregor calls for rematch
- White: McGregor ‘upset’ about loss, doesn’t care about brawl
- Nurmagomedov apologises at post fight press conference
- Nurmagomedov pleads with White to award belt
- Post-fight chaos: Nurmagomedov brawls in crowd, McGregor attacked in octagon
- Nurmagomedov defeats McGregor at UFC 229
- Nurmagomedov leaves press conference before McGregor shows up
- Finger injury ahead of fight