A senior transition official says that Ross, a billionaire, is Trump’s pick for Commerce secretary. If chosen, Ross would oversee nearly 47,000 employees and a budget of roughly $8 billion. The department represents the interests of U.S. businesses domestically and abroad as the head at Commerce. His department would be among those tasked with carrying out the Trump administration’s stated goal of protecting U.S. workers and pushing back against globalisation.
Source: Ross chosen as Commerce secretary
- Trump 'Glad to see Rousey lose fight'
- Trump meets tech leaders
- Trump picks Perry to head Energy Dept
- Trump names Cohn top economic advisor
- Gates compares Trump to JFK
- Trump, West meet
- Trump selects Tillerson as Secretary of State
- Trump denies Apprentice report
- Visits OSU victims, families and first responders
- 'He was a hero and inspired generations of future explorers'