A senior transition official says that Ross, a billionaire, is Trump’s pick for Commerce secretary. If chosen, Ross would oversee nearly 47,000 employees and a budget of roughly $8 billion. The department represents the interests of U.S. businesses domestically and abroad as the head at Commerce. His department would be among those tasked with carrying out the Trump administration’s stated goal of protecting U.S. workers and pushing back against globalisation.
Source: Ross chosen as Commerce secretary
- Gore, Trump, Ivanka meet for climate talks
- Texas Elector says he will not vote for Trump
- Announces NC, IA, MI, Thank You Tour dates
- Trump appoints Carson head of HUD
- Says China did not ask permission for policies that affect US
- Trump calls Stein's recounts a 'scam'
- Conway: Trump would have won election based on popular vote
- Criticizes Alec Baldwin, SNL
- Warns companies not to leave the US
- Trump talks with Taiwan president