A senior transition official says that Ross, a billionaire, is Trump’s pick for Commerce secretary. If chosen, Ross would oversee nearly 47,000 employees and a budget of roughly $8 billion. The department represents the interests of U.S. businesses domestically and abroad as the head at Commerce. His department would be among those tasked with carrying out the Trump administration’s stated goal of protecting U.S. workers and pushing back against globalisation.
Source: Ross chosen as Commerce secretary
- Cook: I stand with 'Dreamers'
- Trump: 'My hands are too big'
- Stillitano: Trump could prevent US hosting 2026 World Cup
- Legend on Trump: 'He calls people liars because he is a liar'
- Trump meets Harvey flood victims after Texas return
- Trump to flood survivors: 'Have a good time!'
- Trump: South Korea 'appeasement' talk will not work
- Trump ends DACA, with 6-month delay
- White: Trump will be watching fight
- White: People need to give McGregor and Trump a chance