The girls aged 15, 16, and 17 are caught by German authorities at Frankfurt airport and sent back to the U.S., where they are questioned and then released. They state that they planned to travel via Turkey to join ISIS. The father of one girl, Assad Ibrahim, calls his daughter’s cell after the school phones him, and she tells him she is late for class. He then finds her passport missing and alerts the Arapahoe Sheriff’s office, which files a runaway report (here). He informs the father of the other two girls, Ali Farah, whose daughters had told him they were going to the library.
Colorado girls skip school to join ISIS
- Libyan forces capture mosque, prison from ISIS
- 22 dead in Turkey wedding suicide bomb
- Claims responsibility for attack
- Frees 'human shields'
- UN denounces Nigeria terror attacks
- Murder suspects arrested
- Iraqis push through Ramadi
- May raid gave US ISIS intelligence
- Iraq demands Turkish withdrawal
- 500 oil tankers destroyed