Carl Malamud, the founder of nonprofit group, Public.Resource.org puts out a request for activists to go to 17 libraries around the country and download federal court decisions, briefs and other legal papers form the (fee-based) PACER database so he can post them for free on the web. Swartz manages to download an estimated 20 percent of the entire database: 19,856,160 pages of text. The downloads continue until September 22, 2008.
Downloads PACER database
- 'Made the Internet a thriving ecosystem'
- 'A kid genius. A soul, a conscience'
- White House petition response
- Documentary release
- 'The Internet's Own Boy' trailer released
- Anonymous hacks MIT one year after death
- Documentary premieres at Sundance
- 'The Day We Fight Back' protest announced
- Father wants MIT to admit its part in son's death