The Motion Picture Association of America accuses Demand Progress of being allied with “offshore rogue websites that promote the theft and illegal marketing of American products like movies, video games, and software.” The basis of the accusation was a post on the front page of BitTorrent tracker Demonoid linking to the Demand Progress petition against Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act (COICA). The MPAA also accused Demand Progress of faking signatures on their petitions.
What's this? This is an unbiased just-the-facts news summary about Aaron Swartz, extracted from the original article by Newslines' contributors. To see the newsline of each topic, click the links below. Learn more
MPA attacks Demand Progress
View the full newsline: Aaron Swartz
- 'Made the Internet a thriving ecosystem'
- 'A kid genius. A soul, a conscience'
- White House petition response
- Documentary release
- 'The Internet's Own Boy' trailer released
- Anonymous hacks MIT one year after death
- Documentary premieres at Sundance
- 'The Day We Fight Back' protest announced
- Father wants MIT to admit its part in son's death