U.S. Attorney Carmen Ortiz and the lead prosecutor on the case, Assistant U.S. Attorney Stephen Heymann, filed a three-line notice of dismissal in a Boston court. The notice says the case is being dismissed because of Swartz’s death. Such filings are routine when a defendant dies before trial.
Prosecutors dismiss charges
- 'Made the Internet a thriving ecosystem'
- 'A kid genius. A soul, a conscience'
- White House petition response
- Documentary release
- 'The Internet's Own Boy' trailer released
- Anonymous hacks MIT one year after death
- Documentary premieres at Sundance
- 'The Day We Fight Back' protest announced
- Father wants MIT to admit its part in son's death