A London coroner rules Winehouse’s death cause by alcohol overdose. Despite noting that:
[Winehouse was an] intelligent, determined young woman who, at times, was able to successful abstain from alcohol.
she ruled that her death was “death by misadventure,” and noted that the inquest said Winehouse was more than five times over the legal limit, and that two large bottles and one small bottle of vodka were found in the bedroom of her London home. Winehouse’s parents were in the court to hear the verdict.