What's this? This is an unbiased just-the-facts news summary about Bernie Sanders, extracted from the original article by Newslines' contributors. To see the newsline of each topic, click the links below. Learn more

Bernie SandersIntroduces Bill

Introduces bill to eliminate undergraduate tuition

19 May, 2015

Sanders introduces a bill that would eliminate undergraduate tuition. His College for All Act would eliminate the $70 billion dollar tuition costs at all 4-year public colleges and universities. Under the plan, the Federal Government would cover 67% — $47 billion dollars each year — of the costs, with states required to produce the remaining 33% ($23 billion). The bill plans to cover these costs by initiating a “Robin Hood Tax” on Wall Street. A .5% speculation fee will be charged on investment houses, hedge funds, and other stock trades. Additionally, a .1% fee will be charged on bonds, and a .005% fee will be charged on derivatives.

View the full newsline: Bernie Sanders

Add your comments below...