UFC numbers confirm McGregor is the biggest draw in the sport. McGregor has headlined three of five pay-per-view events that gained more than a million buys in the past ten months. Including his strong performance as the headliner of UFC 189, McGregor has sold a total of 5,275,000 pay-per-views in four outings at the top of the card. For comparison, Georges St-Pierre’s last six efforts after UFC 100 sold 4,635,000. The four cards Brock Lesnar headlined between 2009 and 2011 had 4,095,000 total buys. Also, each of the four events McGregor has headlined in Las Vegas produced more gate revenue than any prior show held in the city.
Confirmed as the biggest ticket in UFC history
- McGregor: I'll quit fighting before I suffer any brain damage
- McGregor ends year sick with Australian flu virus
- McGregor reignites Mayweather feud by calling him a "rat"
- McGregor rents out amusement park for private event
- McGregor vs Branson face off
- McGregor enters Ireland's Rich List at 111
- UFC may strip McGregor's lightweight title
- McGregor is ranked top "Sports Figure" by Fansided
- McGregor, Pacquiao open talks for April 2018 fight
- Ferguson wants title unification fight vs. McGregor in early 2018