McGregor and Diaz are accused by Nevada State Athletic Commission of behavior “detrimental to a contest or exhibition of unarmed combat” due to their water bottle fight at the UFC Press Conference at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. By comparison, Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones were fined 10 percent of their purses after they got into a brawl in August 2014 in the MGM Grand. Jones paid $50,000 as well as doing community service; Cormier paid $9,000 and had to do community service for his part in the fight. As McGregor and Diaz made far more from their fight the potential penalty is higher. An announcement on the hearing date has not been released.
Facing fines, suspensions for water bottle fight
- McGregor spars in Gucci shorts
- McGregor inspires teens out of poverty
- White talks fight to Kimmel
- McGregor on England: 'I'm an Irishman'
- Alvarez will be in the front row for McGregor-Mayweather
- McGregor nutritionist wants speed over power
- McGregor-Mayweather ticket registration closes July 20 10pm PT
- 4 Days, 4 Cities behind-the-scenes video
- 'All Access' trailer release
- Johnny Nelson: Age could catch up with Mayweather