McGregor and Diaz are accused by Nevada State Athletic Commission of behavior “detrimental to a contest or exhibition of unarmed combat” due to their water bottle fight at the UFC Press Conference at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. By comparison, Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones were fined 10 percent of their purses after they got into a brawl in August 2014 in the MGM Grand. Jones paid $50,000 as well as doing community service; Cormier paid $9,000 and had to do community service for his part in the fight. As McGregor and Diaz made far more from their fight the potential penalty is higher. An announcement on the hearing date has not been released.
Facing fines, suspensions for water bottle fight
- Retires 'from fighting'
- McGregor: 'I was in the wrong'
- White confirms McGregor 'will fight again'
- Charges dropped over alleged Florida robbery
- Announces retirement from MMA
- Gives team talk to Boston Bruins
- Arrested after smashing fan's phone
- McGregor float at Malta Carnival
- Celebrates mum's 60th birthday in the Versace Mansion
- Wear matching purple suits at Super Bowl