McGregor and Diaz are accused by Nevada State Athletic Commission of behavior “detrimental to a contest or exhibition of unarmed combat” due to their water bottle fight at the UFC Press Conference at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. By comparison, Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones were fined 10 percent of their purses after they got into a brawl in August 2014 in the MGM Grand. Jones paid $50,000 as well as doing community service; Cormier paid $9,000 and had to do community service for his part in the fight. As McGregor and Diaz made far more from their fight the potential penalty is higher. An announcement on the hearing date has not been released.
Facing fines, suspensions for water bottle fight
- Video: McGregor is better at WWE than John Cena
- UFC ranks McGregor vs. Diaz fights as top two fights in UFC history
- St-Pierre rejects McGregor 'money fight'
- McGregor to lose UFC lightweight belt to Ferguson-Nurmagomedov winner on April 7
- McGregor defies 'Beast from the East' as he trains in the snow
- McGregor: Mayweather rematch will not happen
- Nurmagomedov: McGregor's UFC career is over - '100%' getting stripped
- McGregor takes son to gym
- Malignaggi: McGregor won't risk an ‘a** whooping’ from me
- Kavanagh: McGregor should fight Nurmagomedov or Ferguson before Diaz