McGregor is listed on the Nevada State Athletic Commissions injury suspension list with a “foot/ankle fracture” and must be cleared by an orthopedic doctor in order to fight again before Feb. 17, 2017, which seems likely. He will serve a minimum suspension of two months with the earliest he can return being Oct. 20, even if cleared by a doctor. Diaz has been given an injury suspension of one month for a severe cut above his left eye. Diaz cannot take contact until Sept. 11 nor fight until Sept. 20, though he won’t fight before then.
Listed on injury suspension list
- McGregor and Mayweather to be drug-tested 'robustly'
- McGregor Muscle Beach prank: full video
- Frampton: Fight is not bad for boxing
- Mayweather may 'walk out' with Diaz, but not Bieber
- McGregor-Mayweather to be shown live in cinemas
- McGregor to Tyson: 'I'm the new Don King'
- Nevada punter places $150K for McGregor to beat Mayweather
- Conlan: McGregor's self-belief gives him chance to win
- Aldo: 'McGregor was never a champion of anything'
- 40-year-old man impersonates McGregor on LA beach