In a plea deal with the Justice Department, Petraeus agrees to plead guilty to one count of unauthorized removal and retention of classified material. He could have spent up to one year in prison, but prosecutors will recommend a sentence of two years probation and a $40,000 fine.
Add your comments below...
- Trump, Petraeus discuss Secretary of State position
- Given probation and fine
- Pleads guilty
- 'Obama strategy is credible'
- Petraeus to testify at Benghazi hearings voluntarily
- Petraeus, Allen involved in Kelley twin custody suit
- Jill Kelley's name becomes known to press
- Jill Kelley calls police for "diplomatic protection"
- Media: Broadwell video suggests improper release of classified information
- David Petreaus tells House Intelligence Committee attack began as spontaneous protest