My agenda will be based on a simple core principle: putting America first. Whether it’s producing steel, building cars, or curing disease, I want the next generation of production and innovation to happen right here, on our great homeland, America, creating wealth and jobs for American workers. As part of this plan I’ve asked my transition team team to develop a list of executive actions to restore our laws and bring back our jobs. On trade, I’m going to withdraw from Trans Pacific Partnership…On Energy, I will cancel job-killing restrictions on the production of American energy including shale energy and clean coal, creating many millions of high-paying jobs. That’s what we want. That’s what we’ve been waiting for. On regulation, I will formulate a rule that says for every one new regulation, two old regulations must be eliminated. On national security I will ask the Department of Defense and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to develop a comprehensive plan to protect America’s vital infrastructure from cyber attacks, and all other form of attack. On immigration I will direct the Department of Labor to investigate all abuses of visa programs that undercut the American worker. On ethics reform, as part of our plan to drain the swamp, we will impose a five-year ban on executive officials becoming lobbyists, after they leave the administration. And a lifetime ban on executive officials lobbying for a foreign government. These are just a few of the steps we will take to reform Washington and rebuild our middle class. As we work together to make America great again for everyone. And I mean everyone.
Transition update video
A Message from President-Elect Donald J. Trump
- Cook: I stand with 'Dreamers'
- Trump: 'My hands are too big'
- Stillitano: Trump could prevent US hosting 2026 World Cup
- Legend on Trump: 'He calls people liars because he is a liar'
- Trump meets Harvey flood victims after Texas return
- Trump to flood survivors: 'Have a good time!'
- Trump: South Korea 'appeasement' talk will not work
- Trump ends DACA, with 6-month delay
- White: Trump will be watching fight
- White: People need to give McGregor and Trump a chance