A senior law enforcement official says authorities suspect that Boston man Ahmad Abousamra, a Syrian-American dual citizen who is on the FBI’s Most Wanted Terrorists list, may be running ISIS’s social media campaign. A 2009 indictment states that Abousamra and alleged co-conspirators formed the media wing of Al Qaeda in Iraq, and the security official says he may be performing a similar role for ISIS. His FBI profile says that he is thought to be living in Aleppo, Syria, where he is reported to have fled in 2006 after being questioned by the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force.
Boston man may be ISIS media coordinator
- Libyan forces capture mosque, prison from ISIS
- 22 dead in Turkey wedding suicide bomb
- Claims responsibility for attack
- Frees 'human shields'
- UN denounces Nigeria terror attacks
- Murder suspects arrested
- Iraqis push through Ramadi
- May raid gave US ISIS intelligence
- Iraq demands Turkish withdrawal
- 500 oil tankers destroyed