Despite a poor start, Rossi charges through the pack on a wet track to get his first win in the 500cc class, at the British GP at Donington Park, ahead of Kenny Roberts Jr. and Jeremy McWilliams.
First 500c win
MotoGP Classics – 2000 British GP: Rossi's first 500c win
- British GP 'uncertain'
- British GP interview
- Wants to race new chassis, swingarm
- Admits Marquez has 2016 title in sight
- First stages of race 'a nightmare'
- Czech GP second place
- Brno qualifying traffic 'like central Rome'
- Sixth place on grid
- Says Brno track limits weren't made clear
- Friday Free Practice: 5th place