Rossi is born in Urbino, Italy, of Graziano and Stefina Rossi, and is brought up in the nearly city of Tavullia. His father, a former motorcycle racer, teaches him to ride a motorbike. Concerned for his safety, his mother forces his father to buy Rossi a kart, which his father upgrades from 60cc motor to 100cc.
Valentino Rossi born in Urbino, Italy
- British GP 'uncertain'
- British GP interview
- Wants to race new chassis, swingarm
- Admits Marquez has 2016 title in sight
- First stages of race 'a nightmare'
- Czech GP second place
- Brno qualifying traffic 'like central Rome'
- Sixth place on grid
- Says Brno track limits weren't made clear
- Friday Free Practice: 5th place