A report sent to the White House by the Office of Special Counsel (OSC) claims that two veterans went years without proper treatment. The report states that one veteran was in a facility for eight years before a complete psychiatric evaluation was ever performed. Another veteran had only one psychiatric note on his chart even though he had been an inpatient at a facility in Massachusetts for seven years. The agency is still investigating more than 50 whistleblower reports involving health and safety allegations at VA facilities nationwide.
Veterans neglected for years
- Unveils plan to reform Veterans Affairs
- 'I don't need to be lectured'
- Quarter of veterans die waiting
- VA apologizes for 'confusion'
- Senate confirms as secretary
- McDonald promises to 'transform' VA
- 575 adverse events in 2013
- 'Personnel actions' against negligent employees
- Apologizes to whistleblowers
- Dead veteran gets doctor's appointment