Apple makes a deal with the Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) to create chipsets for the iPhone. These were made by Apple’s competitor Samsung from 2007 onward. An Apple insider tells the Wall Street Journal that Samsung will still produce some of the microprocessors for Apple’s 2014 devices, but Apple and TSMC are working together to create more advanced chipset for a 2015 release.
New chipset manufacturer
- EU demands Apple pay EUR13 billion taxes
- Will sell refurbished smartphones
- Peer-to-peer payment app
- 'Privacy is a fundamental human right'
- Malware discovered
- Requests track access
- VF interview: Talks about Apple letter
- Stock down 7%
- Offers free Beats headphones to students
- Ads targeted to bank balance patent