McGregor piled on more than a stone in weight in the hours before the fight with Mayweather. At Friday’s weigh-in he tipped the scales at 153lb — just under the 154lb limit for the contest. Then he started to refuel and rehydrate so that he claimed he was back to his ideal “fighting weight” of 170lb before entering the ring. McGregor reached the 154lb weigh-in limit by drinking little water over several days and not eating carbohydrates.
McGregor gained more than a stone between weigh-in and fight
- St-Pierre rejects McGregor 'money fight'
- McGregor to lose UFC lightweight belt to Ferguson-Nurmagomedov winner on April 7
- McGregor defies 'Beast from the East' as he trains in the snow
- McGregor: Mayweather rematch will not happen
- Nurmagomedov: McGregor's UFC career is over - '100%' getting stripped
- McGregor takes son to gym
- Malignaggi: McGregor won't risk an ‘a** whooping’ from me
- Kavanagh: McGregor should fight Nurmagomedov or Ferguson before Diaz
- Bronze McGregor bust goes on sale
- Bisping: McGregor would 'destroy' Mayweather in 35 seconds in the UFC