McGregor piled on more than a stone in weight in the hours before the fight with Mayweather. At Friday’s weigh-in he tipped the scales at 153lb — just under the 154lb limit for the contest. Then he started to refuel and rehydrate so that he claimed he was back to his ideal “fighting weight” of 170lb before entering the ring. McGregor reached the 154lb weigh-in limit by drinking little water over several days and not eating carbohydrates.
McGregor gained more than a stone between weigh-in and fight
- Odds cut on McGregor entering 'I'm A Celebrity...2018'
- Suspended for at least 10 days
- McGregor calls for rematch
- White: McGregor ‘upset’ about loss, doesn’t care about brawl
- Nurmagomedov apologises at post fight press conference
- Nurmagomedov pleads with White to award belt
- Post-fight chaos: Nurmagomedov brawls in crowd, McGregor attacked in octagon
- Nurmagomedov defeats McGregor at UFC 229
- Nurmagomedov leaves press conference before McGregor shows up
- Finger injury ahead of fight