McGregor piled on more than a stone in weight in the hours before the fight with Mayweather. At Friday’s weigh-in he tipped the scales at 153lb — just under the 154lb limit for the contest. Then he started to refuel and rehydrate so that he claimed he was back to his ideal “fighting weight” of 170lb before entering the ring. McGregor reached the 154lb weigh-in limit by drinking little water over several days and not eating carbohydrates.
McGregor gained more than a stone between weigh-in and fight
- Retires 'from fighting'
- McGregor: 'I was in the wrong'
- White confirms McGregor 'will fight again'
- Charges dropped over alleged Florida robbery
- Announces retirement from MMA
- Gives team talk to Boston Bruins
- Arrested after smashing fan's phone
- McGregor float at Malta Carnival
- Celebrates mum's 60th birthday in the Versace Mansion
- Wear matching purple suits at Super Bowl