McGregor piled on more than a stone in weight in the hours before the fight with Mayweather. At Friday’s weigh-in he tipped the scales at 153lb — just under the 154lb limit for the contest. Then he started to refuel and rehydrate so that he claimed he was back to his ideal “fighting weight” of 170lb before entering the ring. McGregor reached the 154lb weigh-in limit by drinking little water over several days and not eating carbohydrates.
McGregor gained more than a stone between weigh-in and fight
Add your comments below...
- Report: McGregor taking plea deal to avoid jail, deportation
- Attorney: ‘No accuracy’ to McGregor plea deal rumours
- Kavanagh hoping for year-end McGregor fight
- McGregor sends World Cup message to Pogba
- McGregor spars with Quavo in studio
- Attends World Cup final
- Putin, McGregor meet
- Second pregnancy announcement
- McGregor's Cadillac Escalade impounded
- White: 'We're not talking about a McGregor fight right now'