McGregor is given a two-month suspension from all sport on medical grounds. The ban prevents McGregor from another fight – boxing or MMA – until at least October 26 and no physical contact at all until October 11. At the end of the ban period, Nevada State Athletic Commission will ask McGregor, 29, to take a medical exam. McGregor was spotted with a black eye hours after the fight, but otherwise looked in good shape. A medical suspension is given when a fighter is “determined by a physician to be unfit to compete” until “it is shown that he or she is fit for further competition.”
McGregor given two-month ban for medical reasons
- Retires 'from fighting'
- McGregor: 'I was in the wrong'
- White confirms McGregor 'will fight again'
- Charges dropped over alleged Florida robbery
- Announces retirement from MMA
- Gives team talk to Boston Bruins
- Arrested after smashing fan's phone
- McGregor float at Malta Carnival
- Celebrates mum's 60th birthday in the Versace Mansion
- Wear matching purple suits at Super Bowl