McGregor is given a two-month suspension from all sport on medical grounds. The ban prevents McGregor from another fight – boxing or MMA – until at least October 26 and no physical contact at all until October 11. At the end of the ban period, Nevada State Athletic Commission will ask McGregor, 29, to take a medical exam. McGregor was spotted with a black eye hours after the fight, but otherwise looked in good shape. A medical suspension is given when a fighter is “determined by a physician to be unfit to compete” until “it is shown that he or she is fit for further competition.”
McGregor given two-month ban for medical reasons
Add your comments below...
- Report: McGregor taking plea deal to avoid jail, deportation
- Attorney: ‘No accuracy’ to McGregor plea deal rumours
- Kavanagh hoping for year-end McGregor fight
- McGregor sends World Cup message to Pogba
- McGregor spars with Quavo in studio
- Attends World Cup final
- Putin, McGregor meet
- Second pregnancy announcement
- McGregor's Cadillac Escalade impounded
- White: 'We're not talking about a McGregor fight right now'