Almost 3 million people watched Saturday’s McGregor-Mayweather fight using illegal streams, according to web security company, Irdeto. Viewers used online links to get around paying the $99.95 charged in the US for the high-definition pay-per-view (£19.95 in the UK). 239 illegal streams of the fight were watched by 2,930,598 people. Had they all paid, even at a lower rate, the illegal audiences would have brought in at least $60 million more.
Three million people illegally streamed McGregor-Mayweather fight
- Attar: McGregor team focusing solely on legal matters
- McGregor, Cowley negotiating plea deal
- No.4 on Forbes Highest Paid Athletes list
- The Mountain: I'd take down McGregor in 10 seconds
- White to meet McGregor in Las Vegas
- Covington: McGregor a 'coked up little leprechaun'
- Calls Tennessee whiskey ageing process 'a crime'
- UFC wanted Khabib-McGregor, GSP-Diaz lightweight tournament
- Johnson compliments McGregor
- White, McGregor to meet in Liverpool