Almost 3 million people watched Saturday’s McGregor-Mayweather fight using illegal streams, according to web security company, Irdeto. Viewers used online links to get around paying the $99.95 charged in the US for the high-definition pay-per-view (£19.95 in the UK). 239 illegal streams of the fight were watched by 2,930,598 people. Had they all paid, even at a lower rate, the illegal audiences would have brought in at least $60 million more.
Three million people illegally streamed McGregor-Mayweather fight
- St-Pierre rejects McGregor 'money fight'
- McGregor to lose UFC lightweight belt to Ferguson-Nurmagomedov winner on April 7
- McGregor defies 'Beast from the East' as he trains in the snow
- McGregor: Mayweather rematch will not happen
- Nurmagomedov: McGregor's UFC career is over - '100%' getting stripped
- McGregor takes son to gym
- Malignaggi: McGregor won't risk an ‘a** whooping’ from me
- Kavanagh: McGregor should fight Nurmagomedov or Ferguson before Diaz
- Bronze McGregor bust goes on sale
- Bisping: McGregor would 'destroy' Mayweather in 35 seconds in the UFC