Almost 3 million people watched Saturday’s McGregor-Mayweather fight using illegal streams, according to web security company, Irdeto. Viewers used online links to get around paying the $99.95 charged in the US for the high-definition pay-per-view (£19.95 in the UK). 239 illegal streams of the fight were watched by 2,930,598 people. Had they all paid, even at a lower rate, the illegal audiences would have brought in at least $60 million more.
Three million people illegally streamed McGregor-Mayweather fight
- Retires 'from fighting'
- McGregor: 'I was in the wrong'
- White confirms McGregor 'will fight again'
- Charges dropped over alleged Florida robbery
- Announces retirement from MMA
- Gives team talk to Boston Bruins
- Arrested after smashing fan's phone
- McGregor float at Malta Carnival
- Celebrates mum's 60th birthday in the Versace Mansion
- Wear matching purple suits at Super Bowl