The social network company reveals that more than half of its US staff are white, with the proportion dropping slightly from 57% to 55%. The proportion of Asian employees increased by 2% to 36%, but the shares of hispanic and black people or those of “two or more races” remain flat at 4%, 2% and 3% respectively. Facebook’s senior leadership has 73% filled by white people. Facebook also made little progress increasing the proportion of female employees, 68% of its global employees are male – a decrease of 1%. Among its employees working on its core technology 84% are male, down from 85% last year. Facebook hired an additional seven black people out of an overall headcount increase of 1,231 in 2013. At that time Facebook employed just 45 black staff out of a total US workforce of 4,263. There are no black people in senior management.
Only seven black people hired in 2013
Add your comments below...
- Tours Facebook, talks COD and tries VR
- Won't censor Trump despite employee protest
- Germany: Facebook should take initiative to remove racist, violent content
- Automates trending news
- WhatsApp, Facebook to share data
- Launches Lifestage
- Improves 'real names' policy
- Warns users of nation-state intrusions
- Photo doodling