After complaints from nine people, an advert for Paddy Power that urged punters to “always bet on black” before the Floyd Mayweather fight with Conor McGregor has been banned by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA), who said it was likely to cause “serious offence”. Paddy Power claimed the ad was not intended to cause offence on the grounds of race.
‘Racist’ Paddy Power ad for Mayweather v McGregor superfight banned
- Attar: McGregor team focusing solely on legal matters
- McGregor, Cowley negotiating plea deal
- No.4 on Forbes Highest Paid Athletes list
- The Mountain: I'd take down McGregor in 10 seconds
- White to meet McGregor in Las Vegas
- Covington: McGregor a 'coked up little leprechaun'
- Calls Tennessee whiskey ageing process 'a crime'
- UFC wanted Khabib-McGregor, GSP-Diaz lightweight tournament
- Johnson compliments McGregor
- White, McGregor to meet in Liverpool