After complaints from nine people, an advert for Paddy Power that urged punters to “always bet on black” before the Floyd Mayweather fight with Conor McGregor has been banned by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA), who said it was likely to cause “serious offence”. Paddy Power claimed the ad was not intended to cause offence on the grounds of race.
‘Racist’ Paddy Power ad for Mayweather v McGregor superfight banned
- McGregor: 'I was in the wrong'
- White confirms McGregor 'will fight again'
- Charges dropped over alleged Florida robbery
- Announces retirement from MMA
- Gives team talk to Boston Bruins
- Arrested after smashing fan's phone
- McGregor float at Malta Carnival
- Celebrates mum's 60th birthday in the Versace Mansion
- Wear matching purple suits at Super Bowl
- Denies claim he fathered woman's daughter