After complaints from nine people, an advert for Paddy Power that urged punters to “always bet on black” before the Floyd Mayweather fight with Conor McGregor has been banned by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA), who said it was likely to cause “serious offence”. Paddy Power claimed the ad was not intended to cause offence on the grounds of race.
‘Racist’ Paddy Power ad for Mayweather v McGregor superfight banned
- Driving ban
- Nurmagomedov, McGregor may reconcile
- Fails to appear in court over speeding charges
- Apologises for running out of whiskey
- Immortalised in wax at Madame Tussauds in New York
- Releases Sole Fury sneaker
- McGregor's hopes of Nurmagomedov rematch dashed by UFC
- Responds After NFL Fans Ridicule Throw Attempt
- McGregor visits Taylor after her titles victory
- Odds cut on McGregor entering 'I'm A Celebrity...2018'