A majority of Americans support the campaign against ISIS, but majorities across the board – 70% of Republicans, 65% of independents and 54% of Democrats – say that the coalition has no clear goal. 47% say their greater concern is that the U.S. will get too involved in the situation, while 43% are more concerned that the U.S. will not go far enough.
Pew: Majority doubt coalition effectiveness
- Libyan forces capture mosque, prison from ISIS
- 22 dead in Turkey wedding suicide bomb
- Claims responsibility for attack
- Frees 'human shields'
- UN denounces Nigeria terror attacks
- Murder suspects arrested
- Iraqis push through Ramadi
- May raid gave US ISIS intelligence
- Iraq demands Turkish withdrawal
- 500 oil tankers destroyed