The Islamic state seizes Mozeh Palace, a Qatari-owned luxury residence, in the heart of Syria. They distribute pictures on social media with the title, A castle for the tyrants of Qatar in Palmyra. The group claims the Qatari royal family had abandoned the property as they closed in. It is now being used by Islamic State leaders. It is claimed the villa was built for Emira Mozeh, the mother of the current Emir of Qatar, the British-educated Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani.
Seizes Qatari-owned palace
- Libyan forces capture mosque, prison from ISIS
- 22 dead in Turkey wedding suicide bomb
- Claims responsibility for attack
- Frees 'human shields'
- UN denounces Nigeria terror attacks
- Murder suspects arrested
- Iraqis push through Ramadi
- May raid gave US ISIS intelligence
- Iraq demands Turkish withdrawal
- 500 oil tankers destroyed