McGregor and Rousey drew the biggest pay-per-view buys in a record year for the UFC. Approximately 8,370,000 buys were sold on 13 shows in 2016, an all-time record average of 644,000 buys per show. This compares with 550,000 average per show in 2015 and 265,000 in 2014. Most shows were small but McGregor, Rousey, and UFC 200 did one million buys plus. With Rousey’s future undetermined, and McGregor taking a break, the outlook for 2017 is weak.
McGregor, Rousey biggest part of 2016 record UFC PPV views
- McGregor and Mayweather to be drug-tested 'robustly'
- McGregor Muscle Beach prank: full video
- Frampton: Fight is not bad for boxing
- Mayweather may 'walk out' with Diaz, but not Bieber
- McGregor-Mayweather to be shown live in cinemas
- McGregor to Tyson: 'I'm the new Don King'
- Nevada punter places $150K for McGregor to beat Mayweather
- Conlan: McGregor's self-belief gives him chance to win
- Aldo: 'McGregor was never a champion of anything'
- 40-year-old man impersonates McGregor on LA beach