McGregor and Rousey drew the biggest pay-per-view buys in a record year for the UFC. Approximately 8,370,000 buys were sold on 13 shows in 2016, an all-time record average of 644,000 buys per show. This compares with 550,000 average per show in 2015 and 265,000 in 2014. Most shows were small but McGregor, Rousey, and UFC 200 did one million buys plus. With Rousey’s future undetermined, and McGregor taking a break, the outlook for 2017 is weak.
McGregor, Rousey biggest part of 2016 record UFC PPV views
- Nurmagomedov says he might deny McGregor a title shot
- White confident McGregor will return to UFC in 2018
- McGregor attends training in Tierney Celtic top
- McGregor: I'll quit fighting before I suffer any brain damage
- McGregor ends year sick with Australian flu virus
- McGregor reignites Mayweather feud by calling him a "rat"
- McGregor rents out amusement park for private event
- McGregor vs Branson face off
- McGregor enters Ireland's Rich List at 111
- UFC may strip McGregor's lightweight title