McGregor and Rousey drew the biggest pay-per-view buys in a record year for the UFC. Approximately 8,370,000 buys were sold on 13 shows in 2016, an all-time record average of 644,000 buys per show. This compares with 550,000 average per show in 2015 and 265,000 in 2014. Most shows were small but McGregor, Rousey, and UFC 200 did one million buys plus. With Rousey’s future undetermined, and McGregor taking a break, the outlook for 2017 is weak.
McGregor, Rousey biggest part of 2016 record UFC PPV views
- Retires 'from fighting'
- McGregor: 'I was in the wrong'
- White confirms McGregor 'will fight again'
- Charges dropped over alleged Florida robbery
- Announces retirement from MMA
- Gives team talk to Boston Bruins
- Arrested after smashing fan's phone
- McGregor float at Malta Carnival
- Celebrates mum's 60th birthday in the Versace Mansion
- Wear matching purple suits at Super Bowl