McGregor and Rousey drew the biggest pay-per-view buys in a record year for the UFC. Approximately 8,370,000 buys were sold on 13 shows in 2016, an all-time record average of 644,000 buys per show. This compares with 550,000 average per show in 2015 and 265,000 in 2014. Most shows were small but McGregor, Rousey, and UFC 200 did one million buys plus. With Rousey’s future undetermined, and McGregor taking a break, the outlook for 2017 is weak.
McGregor, Rousey biggest part of 2016 record UFC PPV views
- Nurmagomedov confirms McGregor fight talks
- Mayweather: Next fight could be in the octagon with McGregor
- Diaz: McGregor is 'scared for his life'
- McGregor ‘wants Nurmagomedov fight no matter what it takes’
- Nurmagomedov wants McGregor fight
- Attar: McGregor looking forward to getting back to fighting
- Released on bail
- McGregor defies UFC: You’ll ‘strip me of nothing’
- Led out of police station in handcuffs
- Charged with assault, criminal mischief