In a 5-4 decision, the justices rule that Texas did not violate the First Amendment when it refused to allow specialty license plates bearing the Confederate battle flag. Justice Breyer writes for the majority that such plates are the government’s speech and are thus immune from First Amendment attacks.
Confirms Texas’ Confederate plates rejection
Add your comments below...
- Court questions union rule
- Rules to seat Bond
- Google appeal on Oracle suit denied
- Reacts to 'Obamacare' decision
- Guarantees right to same-sex marriage
- Upholds Fair Housing Act
- Upholds health care subsidies
- Favors inmate on excessive force claim
- Denies police access to LA hotel registries
- Spider-Man Toy precedent upheld