BBC Sport Northern Ireland reports that after Frampton’s scheduled bout with Andres Gutierrez on 29 July was called off, the relationship between the fighter and his manager has began to unravel. Frampton, was one pound overweight for the bout but the contest was still scheduled to go ahead until the Mexican was injured after slipping in a shower. Frampton looked uncomfortable as he and McGuigan were jointly interviewed following the bizarre series of events which led to the cancellation of the Gutierrez contest. The expectation now is that Frampton will attempt to leave McGuigan’s Cyclone Promotions. When asked if there was a rift in the camp and if a split was imminent, Cyclone Promotions declined to comment. Frampton was also unavailable for comment.
Frampton’s partnership with Barry McGuigan ‘may be close to ending’
Add your comments below...
- Frampton confirms McGuigan split
- Frampton's partnership with Barry McGuigan 'may be close to ending'
- Frampton apologizes to fans
- Frampton fight cancelled after Gutierrez shower slip
- Frampton: Fight is not bad for boxing
- Frampton: Fight is good for boxing - unless McGregor wins
- Frampton tickets sell out in one minute
- Frampton sends glove to London terror attack hero
- Frampton to fight Gutierrez in Belfast
- Confirms Belfast fight for July 29